Originally, the marketing world used PR, public relations that increased their brand awareness. As the world of marketing has evolved, we now have Digital PR, a more extensive online version of this marketing tactic. Digital PR trends are consistently evolving which results in massive improvements for a business. This online marketing strategy offers new ideas, means, and methods to increase a business’s online presence.
The latest digital PR trends include the use of PR tools like
- Influencer online connections
- Social media
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Press releases.
Continue reading if you want to improve online presence, increase traffic, and consequently improve the effectiveness of your marketing strategy. Here are five changing digital PR trends to watch for:
1. Use PR Tools and Activities
There are PR tools that are necessary to build your online presence.
Here are the most effective Digital PR tools that are being used in 2021:
- Meltwater– This digital PR tool provides monitoring for social media and tracks competitors. They also measure the effectiveness of the strategies that are being used by the competition.
- Cision– This tool covers all aspects of your communication needs, helping you reach, target, and engage your audience through press releases, social monitoring, and other techniques.
- Mention– This is an affordable and simple tool that will monitor specific sites, companies, or individuals. They will then send email notifications anytime that your brand is mentioned, keeping you on top of the current state of your brand image.
You must also consider implicating the following PR activities:
- Connect with Journalists- This is a wise strategy to promote your business. Connecting with journalists can provide your business with media recognition and the public with a positive view of your brand.
- Advertisement- You may hire an advertising professional to help you develop advertorials for your local newspaper, radio, or television. All of these outlets benefit brand awareness.
- Brochures- A well-designed brochure can drive traffic to your website or store.
- Community Relations- Get involved and give the public a positive view of your brand by engaging your business in the community. Use information, such as postal codes that you have collected during business transactions, to determine where the majority of your client base lives. Being involved in the community also builds client loyalty.
2. Content Writing
Publishing online articles or blog pieces is an effective way to gain quality backlinks. Hiring qualified content writers can improve your SEO and Google ranking. This increase in site traffic will generate leads and increase sales.
SEO content writing is the single most effective and affordable way to generate online traffic. You may have to network with content writers and editors in order to make quality SEO-driven articles.
3. Social Media Management
Social media presence is crucial to increasing traffic for your business and is one of the best Digital PR trends. You can choose to manage your own media accounts, but this can become stressful with all the outlets that your business may be using (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
Social media also allows for you to examine industry competitors and customer demographics. You can use this information to keep track of how the industry is performing, strategies, and weaknesses. You can also evaluate your industry’s customer base and expectations.
You can hire a digital marketing specialist who can manage your social media accounts effectively. These professionals are trained to keep up with the latest trends, research the competitors in your industry, and outshine them in terms of effective strategies.
4. Audio and Video Production
Radio continues to be the most prominent outlet used to reach consumers. Customers listen, even subconsciously, to the news and information provided through audio. With the evolution of technology, there are other ways to use audio and video to reach potential customers.
Here are examples of audio and video productions that would be beneficial for your business:
- Testimonials- Reviews of your brand products or services are an effective marketing tool. These videos or audio pieces increase brand image and awareness.
- Brand Video- A simple method of increasing traffic, sales, and image is to create a short video that highlights company history, goals, and success. You should put this video on your company homepage or on a page that describes the company history.
- Video Advertisement- This is a powerful tool to promote your brand products or services.
You can also hire a digital marketing agency that specializes in video and audio services.
5. Influencer Marketing
Your business should engage your audience and influence them. This is not an easy feat, as you must spend time getting to know your audience, and become what the public considers ‘approachable’, yet credible.
For your business to become a true influencer you need to practice the following habits:
- Business involvement in your community.
- Respond to messages, emails, and comments on social media.
- Participate in other online groups in your industry.
- Promote and share the content of other businesses in your industry.
You should expect to spend an hour a day online working on community activities if you want to become an online influencer and effectively create a positive brand image.
Implementing an Effective Digital PR Strategy
Remember that the process of creating a positive brand image, site traffic and sales, and loyal customers is not an overnight venture to success. It will take time, dedication, and energy to successfully generate site traffic.
Implementation of these digital PR tools and strategies is the first step in creating a positive online presence for your business. You can also employ the help of digital marketing agencies if you need additional help. Our Digital PR team is ready to help you implement the latest PR trends to improve brand awareness, image, and traffic to your site. Contact us today.